Prof. Huang specializes in advanced reactor design and R&D on reactor material, key technologies and advanced calculation methods for reactor physics and shield etc.. She is the key person responsible for R&D on China Low Activation Martensitic (CLAM) steel, lead-based heavy liquid metal loops for advanced reactors, multi-functional composite coating and tritium analysis etc..
She is or was in charge of several projects supported by National Natural Scientific Foundation, the Knowledge Innovation Program of CAS, and the CAS Strategic Priority Research Program on ADS System etc..
She has published more than 140 papers in academic journals. A few of them were selected into “Essential Science Indicators (ESI)” and “Highly Cited Papers (last 10 years)”. She has got more than 70 patents in China..
Ph.D.,Nuclear Science & Engineering, Institute of Plasma Physics, CAS, 2006
M.S., Reactor Engineering & Safety, Xi’an Jiaotong University, 1989
B.S., Reactor Engineering & Safety, Xi’an Jiaotong University, 1986
In domestic, Prof. Huang is working in Institute of Nuclear Energy Safety Technology and ever worked in Institute of Plasma Physics, CAS.
At overseas, Prof. Huang ever worked as a guest professor in the University of Tokyo in Japan, a visiting scholar at Culham Science Center in England, a senior scientist at National Institute of Fusion Science (NIFS) and Hokkaido University in Japan.
Key Professional Activities
• International Program Committee of the International Fusion Reactor Materials Program Committee (ICFRM)
• International Program Committee of the International Symposium on Fusion Nuclear Technology (ISFNT)
• Committee Member of the China-Japan Symposium on Materials for Advanced Energy Systems and Fission and Fusion Engineering (CJS), the Chairwoman of CJS-13, Co-chairwoman of CJS-12.
• International Organizing Committee of the Asia-Pacific Symposium On Tritium science (APSOT)
• Committee Member of the China-EU Fusion Cooperation
• Committee Member of the China - Korea Nuclear Energy Cooperation
• International Scientific Committee of the 5th International Conference on Nuclear and Renewable Energy Resources (NURER2016)
• Monte Carlo Method Committee of China Calculation Physics Association
• Committee Member of Nuclear Engineering Mechanics, Chinese Society of Nuclear
• Expert for Liquid Metal Technology of OECD/NEA
• The Subtask Leader for Liquid Breeder Blanket of China under IEA-NTFR (Nuclear Technology of Fusion Reactor)
• Associate Editor of “Journal of Nuclear Materials”
• Editorial Board Members of “Nuclear Material & Energy”
• Reviewer for Materials and Design, Corrosion Science, Fusion Eng. & Des., J Comput. Phys., Fusion Sci. Technol., Nuclear Eng. & Des., Progress in Nuclear Energy, IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science, Ann. Nucl. Energy and Chin. Phys. Lett. etc.
Academic Honors & Awards
• The 2nd Prize of Natural and Science awarded by the Nation.
• The 3rd Prize of Progress of Science and Technology awarded by the Nation.
• The 1st Prize of Progress of Science and Technology awarded by the State Education Commission of China.
• The 1st Prizes of Progress of Natural Science awarded by the Science and Technology Department of Anhui Province.
• The 2nd Prize of Progress of Science and Technology awarded by Xi'an Jiaotong University etc.
• “Zhuliyuehua Outstanding Supervisor Award” of the Chinese Academy of Sciences.
• “Excellent Supervisor” by the Hefei Institute of Physical Science of Chinese Academy of Sciences.
• “Excellent Researcher” by the Institute of Plasma Physics and Institute of Nuclear Energy Safety Technology, Hefei Institute of Physical Science of Chinese Academy of Sciences.
• “Excellent Woman” and “Women Pace-setter” by the Government of Anhui Province.
• The Deputy to 11th-13th Anhui Provincial People's Congress.
• Committee Member of the 12th and 13th Anhui Provincial People's Congress Standing
Cultivation of Talents
• She was awarded as:
* “Excellent Researcher” by the Institute of Plasma Physics, CAS
* “Excellent Researcher” by the Institute of Nuclear Energy Safety Technology, CAS
* “Zhuliyuehua Outstanding Supervisor Award” by the Chinese Academy of Sciences
* “Excellent Supervisor” by the Hefei Institute of Physical Science of CAS
• More than 60 graduate students under her supervision.
• More than 40 students have received the doctorial or master degrees.
• More than 10 graduates got the title of professor or associate professor etc.
Prof. Qunying HUANG
Head of Research Center for Advanced Nuclear Reactor Technology and Material • FDS Team
Institute of Nuclear Energy Safety Technology, CAS
P.O. Box 1135, Hefei, Anhui, 230031, China